From: Sra. Diaz
Date: March 16, 2020
To: Parents of Room 68
Subject: Coronavirus and CCUSD
Dear Parents of Students in Ms. Diaz’s Class
As you know, CCUSD is following the COVID-19 (coronavirus) information being provided to us by state and county agencies. The physical and emotional safety of our students, families, and staff is our highest priority.
The LA County Department of Health has directed that the CCUSD schools be closed due to a local outbreak of COVID-19. During this time of closure, it is important that my students’ and your child’s learning can continue. Below you will find how we will be operating during this time. Because we have never been through anything like this before, we will need to monitor and adjust the process as we go. Regular, two-way communication and productive feedback will help us navigate this together. Thank you for helping your child during this time, and thank you for your patience.
How we will communicate during this school closure:
- CANVAS will be the primary resource. I will be posting daily assignments through CANVAS announcements.
- Review Games like Quizizz will be posted on Google Classroom. (I will let you know when there is one posted through the daily assignments on CANVAS announcements)
How students will communicate with me during this school closure:
- Students can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assignments will be turned in through CANVAS and/or done in Spanish notebook. (Notebook will be collected when school resumes.)
- For some assignments I will add a Discussion on CANVAS if necessary.
Here are the times you or your student can reach me:
- Spanish 2 (Period 2, 4, 5 and 6): Monday - Friday from 10:00 am to 12:00pm and/or 1:30pm to 2:30pm
- Spanish 2 Native/Immersion (period 3): Monday- Friday from 10:00 am to 12:00pm and/or 1:30pm to 2:30pm
- If you are not able to reach me during these times I will respond to your email as soon as I am able to.
*If for some reason I am not able to respond to you at the assigned times I will respond to your email as soon as I am able to.
Here are the resources your student will be using:
- Spanish 2: Book Realidades 2, Spanish Notebook, Clever (Students will be able to access CANVAS through clever)
- Spanish 2 Native/Immersion: Book Sendas Literarias, Spanish Notebook, Clever (Students will be able to access CANVAS through clever)
- Charter Communications: Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription and at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households.
- Comcast: Comcast will waive fees for its Internet Essentials service to low-income households. New Comcast customers will be sent a self-install kit that includes a cable modem with a Wi-Fi router, he said. To enroll for Charter’s service, call 844-488-8395; for Comcast’s, 855- 846-8376 for English speakers or 855-765-6995 for Spanish speakers, or go to www.internetessentials.com.
Again, I know we are all going through this together, and learning as we do so. I also realize that each household may face their own challenges, and we will work through that too. During this time, to the greatest degree possible, we will all stay connected and learn together until our schools are reopened.
Wishing us all health, happiness, and learning,