California State Universities
There are 23 campuses with Humboldt state near Oregon to San Diego State down south. The CSU's are home to 325,000 students both in undergraduate programs or graduate level programs. The CSU's enroll the top third (33.3%) of California high school graduates who meet the CSU eligibility requirements.
- Apply senior year between October 1 – November 30
- Four-Year Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Fine Arts
When can I apply to the CSU’s?
Make sure you have a copy of the following before beginning your application:
- a copy of your unofficial Culver City HS transcript/Community College transcripts
- Your Social Security number/AB540 students do not need to have a SS# to apply
- Parent income information for qualifying for the fee waiver.
- SAT/ACT scores Sept.-Dec. exams are generally accepted.
- Some Cal States have their own internal deadlines such as SDSU wants exam completed no later than November.
- Parents’ residency information- know the date they moved into California.
Want to save money?
- Send your SAT scores from College Board or ACT. Use code 3594 to save money by sending multiple scores to all CSU at once.
Cal State & Financial Aid - work together to make your application process
- If you are a 12th grader and have already applied to a California State University, you can use the link on Cal State Apply to populate your general information onto your official FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Keep in mind, that the FAFSA must be completed between October 1 , 2018 – March 2, 2022
How do I take my EPT & ELM Examinations?
- English Placement Test (EPT)
- Entry Level Mathematics (ELM)
You need to register online using your user ID and password.
**Please review all your email! You will receive instructions with details regarding how to register for these exams.
Take your exams early to avoid problems with New Student Orientation or Fall Registration. You may take your exams at any local CSU Testing Center. Remember, that these exams are important and that doing poorly on these exams can change admissions decisions.