CCUSD has four schools in a small, residential area. Here are some tips to help you plan for back to school traffic.
School days are soon approaching. Here are some tips to help avoid the traffic congestion in the CCUSD School Complex Area.
- Remember the traffic patterns change in front of the high school before school and after school. Please respect the cones and the District Security Guards who are working to insure the safety of our students.
- FIND an alternative method for your children to get to school - walk, bike, skate, carpool.
- SLOW DOWN around all of the school sites in the morning and at release times.
- EVERYONE is trying to get there on time; EVERYONE is running late the first few weeks: Wake up early and leave 5-10 minutes early to avoid the traffic.
- DROP OFF your student a couple of blocks away from the schools and have them walk the few blocks to school.
- DON’T allow your students get out of your car on the street side of your car.
- DON’T allow your students to exit the car while you are in the middle of the street.
- RESPECT the residential neighborhood. Please don’t honk your horns or have loud conversations with your students or others outside of the school. Many neighbors do not have students attending the schools.
- CCHS students could be dropped at the bridge on Ocean and Westwood. Once again, please be respectful of the residential neighborhood and encourage your students to be quiet.
Thank you for planning for the safety of our students.