Culver City High School provides opportunities for all students to compete in interscholastic athletics. Culver City is a member of the California Interscholastic Federation Southern Section (CIF-SS) and the South Bay Athletic Association.
Basic eligibility rules for competition:
- Be less than 19 years of age on September 1st of the current school year.
- Meet the CCUSD/CIF resident requirements.
- Attend high school not more than eight (8) semesters.
- Not compete on any outside team in the same sport for the school season of the sport in which you participate. Not have tried out for any professional or college team.
- Obtain written permission from parent/guardian to compete and travel.
- Pass a physical examination.
- Show proof of accident insurance.
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA for the preceding grading period and be making satisfactory progress toward graduation.
- Maintain passing grades in at least four subjects (20 credits)
- A student may be declared ineligible for disciplinary reasons by administrative action.
- An athlete must attend all classes the day of the contest in order to participate. The only exception is if the principal excuses the athlete prior to absence.
- All students must complete an Athletic Clearance Packet before trying out or competing for any sport.