Telephone number (310) 842-4200 x3332
- An up-to-date emergency card MUST be on file in the Nurse’s Office at all times.
- Upon request, the School Nurse can provide you with a list of referrals for public health, medical, dental, vision, and psychiatric services. The Venice Family Clinic/Culver City Youth Health Center is also available as an on-campus provider of health services.
- When students become ill or are in need of first aid during class time, they must first obtain teacher permission and secure a hall pass before coming to the Nurse’s Office. If they feel the need to come during the passing period, they must first go to their next class, check in with the teacher and obtain a pass before coming to the Nurse’s Office. (An exception will be made only in the event of an emergency.) When students arrive in the Nurse’s Office, they must sign-in and indicate the reason for their visit.
Students are not permitted to use their cell phones during school hours, even to contact their parent
in the event that they do not feel well. Students must first go to the Nurse’s Office.
- If the student is ill enough to go home, the student will be allowed to contact a parent for permission to leave school and to arrange transportation home. The student is signed out on a blue slip, which must be signed by the parent and returned to school in order to excuse the absence.
- If a student has a fever (>100oF), vomiting, or diarrhea, he/she MUST be free of these symptoms for 24 hours prior to being readmitted to school.
- If a student is absent for five consecutive school days, a note from a medical doctor is required for reentry into school.
- Please notify the Nurse’s Office if your child has been diagnosed with any contagious diseases, so we can limit the spread of infection at school.
Students can receive first aid in the Nurse’s Office for any minor cuts/scrapes or injuries. If the School Nurse feels there is a need for further examination, parents/guardians will be contacted.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION EXCUSES
In the event of an illness or injury, students may bring a note from a parent or doctor to be excused from participation in physical education/sports. If the student will need to be excused for more than three days, a doctor’s note is required. Notes must be received on the first day of an illness/injury in order to be considered excused.
A hall-pass can be issued by the Nurse’s Office to any student who requires additional time to transition from class-to-class (such as, if the student is using a wheelchair or crutches). This would allow the student to be dismissed from each class 5 minutes before the bell rings.