Los Angeles County Regional Occupational Program
Culver City Unified School District
Culver City High School
(310) 842-4200, ext. 3351
WORK PERMIT INFORMATION
The follow regulations apply to all minors (ages 12 through 17) in California:
- All minors work with the permission of the work permit issuing authority; nothing requires a school district to issue a permit in every circumstance.
- California labor laws are designed to protect the physical safety and scholastic advancement of the minor. No permit can violate any provision of law, state or federal.
- Permits are issued for specific employment at a specific address.
- Permits are always required, including when school is not in session.
- Permits automatically expire 5 days after the beginning of the following school year and may be revoked at any time its terms are violated.
Working minors are required to:
Maintain satisfactory school attendance: Student has not been tardy this semester more than 7 times to any given period. Student has no more than four (4) unexcused absences total in one academic year.
Maintain school discipline standards. Meet school academic standards: Minimum 2.0 GPA with no more than one (1) F in any grade report period.
TO OBTAIN A WORK PERMIT:
- Minor picks up work permit application form #B1-1 from the ROP office.
- Minor completes top portion of application
- Employer must complete the entire middle portion of application form #B1-1.
- Parent provides signature-approving work.
- Application returned to ROP office.
- ROP office verifies employer information, verifies student age, birth date,
- school attendance and grades.
- ROP office issues approved work permit to minor for minor’s signature.
- Permits ready for pick up no later than 48 hours after application is returned
- to ROP office.