Kathleen Bridget Lally-Arena RN, MSN, FNP, NCSN
For the past 30+ years I have been fortunate enough to be able to practice and work at what I love to do most, nursing & dancing. I have been here at CCUSD for 10 years as a District School Nurse. My son has also been lucky enough to have all his primary and secondary education here at CCUSD.
- Family Nurse Practitioner with my Masters in Nursing Degree from USC in 1999. (GO TROJANS!)
- National Board Certified School Nurse
- Clinical professor for West Coast University where I instruct for the Bachelors in Nursing program. My specialty areas are: Emergency Room, Trauma, Intensive Care and Flight Nursing.
- Nursing Director for Wilshire Boulevard Temple Camps in Malibu CA. & in this position for my 9th year.
- LA County Disaster Medical Team Volunteer –Disaster preparedness with a county wide response team.
I am the youngest of 8 children and grew up in a farming community in Kansas City, Missouri. At 13 years of age I performed in the American Royal Rodeo doing horse stunts and tricks as well as barrel racing. In fact my first job here in California was in a Wild West Show as a stunt rider in Burbank.
My other love is dancing & choreography, of any kind. I have been lucky enough to make a successful career from choreography & dancing professionally in: Las Vegas, Miami, Tahoe, & extensive TV, Film and theater credits.
Dance companies of which I was a member:
- The Kansas City Repertory Ballet;
- Kansas City Modern Dance Company;
- Kansas City Chiefs Cheerleader; (Superbowl 1969)
- Las Vegas Ballet, Director: Vasisli Sulich;
- Los Angeles Rams Cheerleader; (Superbowl 1979-80)
- Los Angeles Ballet Company (original company of 6 dancers, Director John Clifford);
- LA Clipper Girl;
- LA Express Cheerleader;
Original Love Boat Dancer;
In conclusion, I figure if I can’t make my students feel better, then at least I can entertain them!!!!